Here’s another tasty way to get the kids to eat extra greens and they love helping to make them too. I adore them as well so it’s not only for the kids. Zucchini boasts a rich nutritional profile, and it offers health benefits thanks to its phytonutrients, mineral and vitamin C and manganese content (read more here).
Rinse and chop the zucchini into thin wedges…
Mix in breadcrumbs (ideally spelt or buckwheat), parmesan and garlic salt in a bowl. If doing a 100% alkaline diet or dairy intolerant, then omit the parmesan. Instead you can use juice from 1/2 a lime and add it with the oil below…
Drizzle some olive oil on the zucchini…
Then coat them evenly with the mixture…
Line them up in an oven tray so that they don’t touch each other. This allows them to get evenly cooked and crisp without “steaming” each other and becoming soft.
Pop in oven and grill for 25-30 mins until gold brown and crisp. Serve and enjoy!
- 4-5 small to medium zucchini
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs (spelt or buckwheat)
- ½ cup of parmesan (omit and replace with juice of ½ lime)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preaheat oven to 220°C (425°F)
- Rinse and chop the zucchini into 1 cm wedges
- Add breadcrumbs, parmesan and garlic salt in a bowl and mix
- Pour oil onto zucchini wedges and coat evenly
- Gently pour in the mix and cover the wedges completely in a thin layer
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- If some zucchini chips are still a little flimsy or damp, remove the crisp chips and place the damp chips back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Serve warm