A creamy smooth ice-cream made with fruit and yogurt. It’s simple to make at home without any ice-cream maker. Although most fruits are slightly acidic due to their sugar content, we do believe that a serving of fruit each day is fine on the alkaline diet. Also in this recipe I’ve used greek yogurt which can easily be replaced with soy yogurt and a squeeze of lemon juice which in turn makes it more alkaline.
Peel and chop the fruits and place in freezer covered. If you freeze it in advance, you will make the ice cream in just a few minutes. If not, you will have to allow for at least two to three hours for the fresh fruit to be ready.
Place frozen fruit into a blender and add the yogurt, vanilla and honey. Blend into a smooth consistency…
Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy!
- 2 medium mangoes
- 2 small bananas
- 250 grams of Greek yogurt (or soy yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of natural vanilla extract
- Peel and chop the fruit and place in a freezer bag and freeze for at least 3 hours
- Place the frozen banana and mango in a food processor.
- Add honey, vanilla and yogurt. Process until smooth.
- If it is not going to be served straight away, put it in an airtight container and freeze the ice-cream once it has been made.
- For serving, allow for it to soften for about 5 minutes once you get it out from the freezer. Add fresh fruit if desired and serve.