This is a recipe I stumbled upon after making my dessert Peach and Coconut cream… I had a half a packet of silken tofu left and was making my regular hummus for another recipe. Isn’t silken tofu meant to be good in dips?? So in it went. This secret little ingredient turns a lovely hummus into a fabulous hummus by making it smoother and lighter.
Add in all the ingredients below and blend until smooth in a processor or handheld blender. Now this is my new favourite hummus…
- 1 can chickpeas (400gm), drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend ingredients in a food processor until very smooth.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 30 mins before serving.
- Garnish with fresh black peppar and mint or parsley.