Not only do I adore every single ingredient that goes into this homemade guacamole but every single ingredient is high on the alkaline scale! Double bonus.
Use the freshest ingredients possible to make this wonderfully smooth and tasty dip. It’s so simple and quick to make. It’s just scoop, chop, dice, squeeze and mix together with a fork or in the blender.
If using a blender, keep the tomatoes separate and mix it in afterwards. Season to taste. If not serving straight away, sit a stone in the guacamole (this helps to stop it going brown – a trick learnt from a Mexican friend), cover with cling film and chill until needed. Enjoy the guacamole with tortillas (see black bean tortilla here) or as a starter dip.
- 1 mature avocado (mashed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 normal tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 small red onion (chopped finely)
- 1-2 small chillis (remove seeds, chop finely)
- ½ cup coriander (optional)
- 1 large lime (juice)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Peel and take out the large stone in the avocado
- Chop tomatoes, onion, coriander and chilli
- Juice the lime
- Blend all together by hand. If in blender, keep the tomatoes out and add afterwards
- Adjust seasoning