This salad’s origin is from Sicily where oranges grow in abundance. It’s fresh, light and well balanced. The salad can be served as a side dish, starter or even lunch on a warm summers day.
It’s a well known fact that oranges are a great source of immune boosting Vitamin C but so is fennel. A lesser known fact is that oranges are a good source of calcium too. Fennel have a long list of health benefits including relief from anemia, indigestion, flatulence, constipation, colic, diarrhea, respiratory disorders, menstrual disorders and its benefits regarding eye care (read more here).
As with most salads, it’s simply a matter of peeling, rinsing, slicing, chopping and drizzling. Enjoy!
- 2 handfuls rocket/argula leaves, rinsed
- 2 oranges
- 1 orange for juice
- 2 fennel bulbs
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rocket (argula) leaves and place on platter
- Slice fennel and oranges thin, add to platter
- Chop red onions finely, sprinkle on platter
- Whisk orange juice and oil together and drizzle onto platter
- Add himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Toss and serve