A simple and tasty recipe that’s great for summer barbeques as a side dish or starter. Sweet potatoes have almost twice the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A, 42% of vitamin C, four times the RDA for beta carotene and when eaten with the skin, sweet potatoes have more fiber than oatmeal (read more here).
Peel the potatoes and chop them into finger long chunks…
Add the oil then a little bit of tapaicoa flour and rub in with your hands…
It’s very important to lay the potatoes with a little distance apart to become crispy… if too close, they will steam each other and become a bit soggy…
Grill them in the oven with a little garlic salt or other seasoning. I’ve tried them with different ones such as cumin, sweet paprika, cayenne and even cinnamon but personal favourite is garlic salt. Enjoy!
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp tapaioca
- garlic salt to taste or any other favourites - himalayan salt, cumin, paprika or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F)
- Peel the potatoes and chop into finger size fries
- Place fries in bowl and add first oil, then flour and rub in
- Place on lined oven tray and leaving space between fries, add garlic salt (my favourite)
- Put in oven for 10 minutes and then flip them over
- Place back in for 10 more minutes (should be soft on the inside and browned on the outside)
- Allow to cool for 5 mins