I truly adore this recipe. It’s fresh, delicious and simple to make! It evolved after having lunch at our local organic restaurant with some girlfriends where I tried a similar dish. I have now experimented at home and come up with this recipe. Fresh zucchini cut julienne style, few garlic cloves, diced tomatoes and avocado based sauce! (If you’re looking for a Julienne cutter, check out the Kitchen Tools.)
In summer, you might want to even eat it raw as a side salad. I enjoy heating up the zucchinis and cooking them until (nearly) tender as it makes a lovely warm meal. So just throw in the garlic and zucchini into the pan, whizz the avocado, almond milk and tahini (optional) in a blender. Add tomatoes and avocado sauce to the pan and warm briefly before serving.
You may want to adjust the amount of avocado sauce depending if you prefer it more dry or, using a technical term, gooey (I prefer the latter). Sprinkle some sliced almonds for extra crunch and nutrients and some black peppar if you wish. You’re good to go. Enjoy!
- 4 zucchini (courgettes)
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp tahini
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 almonds sliced
- Black peppar
- Spiral the zucchini julienne style
- Add to olive oil to pan and then zucchini. Stir on low heat for 5 mins.
- Blend avocado, lemon juice, garlic, almond milk, tahini, basil on high speed for 30 seconds or so until smooth
- Once zucchini is slightly tender, add cherry tomatoes then avocado sauce
- Heat for a minute then dish up on on plates
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and peppar. Serve warm.